We were early in the season, maybe 1 or 2 weekends after Sonora Pass opened. There were a total of 7 riders (+1 who joined late at Walker) –
- Akshay on his Aprilia Tuono
- Aman also on his Aprilia Tuono
- Ayon on his Triumph Speed Triple
- Bobby on his BMW R9T
- Sandeep on his MV Agusta Brutale 800 Dragster
- Sravan on his KTM 1090 Adventure, joined us late at Walker.
- Praveen on his Aprilia RSV4
- and me on my KTM 990 Adventure
We had lunch at Mountain View BBQ – and it was a welcome change from Walker Burger. My first visit to Mountain View BBQ was in 2011.
Thankfully there were no close call, crashes or tickets, which I guess is always a risk in a large group ride that last 400+ miles.
This year I took a short detour off Hwy 89 near Monitor Pass, to Levathian Peak and rode up the 2 mile dirt road to the Forest Service lookout post. The air was extremely clear there and the views were amazing. The lookout itself was gated off, so I stopped a few yards before the summit and took some pictures.
This is the lookout (not my picture):
Mosquito Lake was beautiful:
Night Cap Peak with a lot of snow:
The MV is a beautiful looking bike:
My favorite vista of Leavitt Meadows: